There’s a bit of excitement brewing in the air at Spirit Headquarters over the last few days! We’re getting ready to launch our “Help us help the Whales” campaign in early May and we will have a few surprises install, but something more recent has just popped up on the Spirit radar:
The Human Rainbow Project – Celebrating Diversity
This looks to be an amazing event organized by one of our fabulous partners “Study Gold Coast”, and will feature a massive human rainbow aimed at embracing cultural differences and diversity.
Come celebrate and embrace diversity. Join us on April 4 @ Kurrawa Beach, Broadbeach @ 7am. Free bus pick-ups, prizes and giveaways are on offer. Register now to Join our Human Rainbow – a once in a lifetime opportunity! Let’s show the world what diversity on the Gold Coast looks like #ourhumanrainbow #embracediversity
The broader aspects of the Embracing Diversity project entails:
- An international campaign reaching as far as India, Japan, Brazil and China
- A local campaign to generate student engagement and community awareness
- A campaign website including compelling content, an interactive map of the world showcasing our student stories, event details and registration, and the opportunity for students to share their stories – ourhumanrainbow.org
- A major event on 4 April to form a human rainbow at Kurrawa Beach (Sunrise is likely to broadcast it as well as other media outlets who will be stationed down there ready for GC2018)
- Raising local, national and international awareness
So as you can see this looks to be an exciting day. The team here at Spirit Whale Watching are proud to celebrate diversity and are looking forward to being a part of the Human Rainbow Project.
For more information on the event, head over to: Study Gold Coast