By whale watching with Spirit of Gold Coast you are helping SAVE WHALES! Take action to SAVE the Whales. Here are some ideas to get you started…
- Go Whale Watching – each winter you will be in the box seat for one of the world’s greatest natural wonders, the annual whale migration. It can be a humbling and awe inspiring experience to see one of these huge marine mammals in their natural playground.
- Reduce, Reuse & Recycle – be aware of environmental issues.
- Never discard used fishing line and hooks in the water.
- Cut up plastic six-pack rings before recycling or disposing them in the garbage.
- Never release balloons outside as they can travel hundreds of miles and land in rivers, creeks, and oceans.
- Write Letters & help change attitudes – letters do make a difference! Write to the Prime Minister, your local member of parliament or your local newspaper editor. Tell them what you think. Let them know you care. Together we can change the indifference towards whales; altering attitudes from whaling, to Whale Watching.
- Spread the Word – talk about Whales. Introduce the topic to your school or local discussion group.
- Support Conservation – organisations such as Sea Shepherd and IFAQ who help protect whales and dolphins and the oceans they live in. A single voice may go unheard but when it joins with many others it speaks loudly!
Happy Whale Watching!