To ensure our cruises operate according to schedule and you are able to enjoy maximum viewing time, passengers are required to be at the departure point 30 minutes prior to the scheduled cruise time. In consideration for all passengers on board, the Spirit Vessel will not wait past the scheduled cruise time for late passengers.
Whale Watching Cruise Information
When attending our Whale Watching cruises, we recommend passengers move to our open decks for the best views, and advise that you should dress appropriately for this experience:
- Pack a warm jumper or a windproof / waterproof jacket. Conditions at sea can be windier and cooler than on the mainland.
- Appropriate footwear is also important. We recommend you wear fully covered footwear with suitable grip, such as sneakers or deck shoes.
- Cap or hats are also recommended on sunny days. The Spirit Crew can provide you with sunscreen if you need extra protection. Remember, always be sun smart!
Spirit has a fully licensed bar where you can purchase drinks and snacks throughout the duration of the cruise. You are more than welcome to bring along some light snacks for your children and family, if you would prefer.
The Spirit Crew is focused on caring for your well-being and your safety. Our Vessel was designed for your maximum comfort, and is manned by qualified and competent crew appropriately updated with safety training, hands on training drills and emergency procedures.
Life jackets are available on board and are distributed at the discretion of the Skipper. Please feel free to ask our friendly staff if you have any questions.
Spirit of Gold Coast is committed to providing healthy and safe conditions, and to maintaining a safe and pollution-free operating practice that complies with national and international regulations and relevant standards, codes and guidelines.
Spirit of Gold Coast is compliant with all safety obligations as outlined by Maritime Safety Queensland and the Queensland Government.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- All ticket sales must be confirmed with Spirit of Gold Coast by phone or email. Bookings are essential. Walk-ons are not permitted.
- A Booking Confirmation or Voucher must be presented before boarding will be permitted.
- Seniors / Students must present an appropriate ID card to obtain the advertised rate.
- All cruises are subject to minimum passenger numbers.
- All tickets purchased are to be redeemed during the current year and the same Whale Watching season. Extensions to the following year or season will not be permitted.
- Neither Spirit of Gold Coast nor its employees shall be liable for any death or personal injury to any passengers or any loss or damage to property, unless such death, injury, loss or damage has been acclaimed as a result of negligence of the company or its employees.
LATE ARRIVAL POLICY:
- All passengers MUST be at the designated departure point 30 minutes prior to the scheduled cruise time.
- Spirit of Gold Coast is NOT liable for passengers being late.
- In the event you have missed your planned cruise time, we will reschedule your cruise to an alternate day (subject to availability).
- In the event you are unable to reschedule your missed cruise, you will NOT be entitled to a refund.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY:
- In the interest of passenger comfort and safety, cruises are subject to suitable weather conditions.
- Spirit of Gold Coast reserves the right to cancel any cruise at any time and will notify all passengers by email and SMS. It is the passenger’s responsibility to ensure that their contact details are accurate.
- In the event your cruise is cancelled due to inclement weather, we will reschedule your cruise to an alternate day (subject to availability).
- In the event you are unable to reschedule your cruise that has been cancelled due to inclement weather, you will be entitled to a full refund.
- You must request your refund within 30 days of your original cruise date, or you will forfeit your right to a refund.
- In the event you are unable to attend your planned cruise you must notify Spirit of Gold Coast a minimum of 24 hours prior to your scheduled cruise time.
- If you do not provide the required 24 hours notice when rescheduling your cruise, an administrative fee will be charged.
- You are permitted to reschedule the same booking twice only. If a third amendment to your booking is required, an administrative fee will be charged.
- No refunds will be provided for change of mind or unforeseen circumstances.
- In the event you are unable to attend your scheduled cruise for any reason, we will help you to reschedule your cruise to an alternate day (subject to availability).
- In the event you are unable to reschedule your cruise to the current Whale Watching season, you are permitted to transfer your cruise into the name of a family member or friend.
- All decisions regarding cancelled cruises will be made by the Operations Manager and are considered final.
The only instance a refund will be provided is if Spirit of Gold Coast has made the decision to cancel your cruise.
WHALE SIGHTING GUARANTEE:
- In the event of no whales being sighted on the day of your cruise, a complementary return cruise will be offered to all passengers.
- In the event you are unable to reschedule your complementary return cruise, you are permitted to transfer your complementary cruise into the name of a family member or friend.
- No refunds will be provided in the event of no whale sightings.
- To ensure an enjoyable day, we recommend that all passengers take precautions to prevent seasickness.
- Seasickness preventatives are available for purchase on board.
- Seasickness pills are most effective if taken at least half an hour prior to your cruise.
"Magical experience I will never forget
"Wonderful day out! Great staff
"Had an absolutely wonderful morning
watching the whales and dolphins.
Finished by a nice cold Smirnoff 🙂
"My first trip and we saw 5 whales!!
"Thank you for a lovely morning.
Wonderful whale experience. We'll come again!
"Awesome crew, so enthusiastic!
The day we saw the white whale!
I am happy if I never see another
thing in my lifetime...
"It was fab! Thank you for a great time!
Crew was fantastic and very enthusiastic!
Any vacancies? 🙂
"Thanks wonderful crew for the opportunity
to see the whales at their best!"